Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why I love Milo


When I was 10, I wanted a dog. My little brother was growing less cooperative and I needed something smaller than me to boss around and play with. After months of begging, my mom told me that cats were much easier to take care of and that she would get me a cat. Hearing this, I ditched the puppy idea and jumped on the kitten train. We ended up getting two adorable grey, tortoise shell rescue kittens. Both cats have since passed, but my love for kitties has never died.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. They're awesome and tons of fun. I just think cats get a bad rep and people don't realize all the advantages there are to owning a kitty. Here are a few great things about cats:
1. You don't have to let them out twice a day. They use the litter box (and they're easy to train). It's simple and actually not that awful to clean up since it's contained. So when you're at a party and have to go home to let your dog out, I will be at that party all night without interruption. Meow!
2. You can go away for the weekend. Cat's are smart when it comes to food. They ration it as needed. If you're going away for a long weekend, just leave out extra food & water. Easy.
3. Cats are clean. Cat's clean themselves. They hardly ever smell and you don't need to bathe them or pay to have them groomed. Especially short-haired cats, long-hair requires a bit more maintenance.

My ten-year old self learned a lot about the advantages of kitties and I loved my pets very much. Flash forward to December 2011. In some rough heartbreaking months, I was searching for a cute, fluffy, low maintenance friend that didn't talk back. On a bad day of those generally bad months, I called three pet shelters and drove to a shelter in Youngstown, Ohio. The place was one not-even-close-to-big-enough room for about 30 cats. I like cats, but ewwww. I needed to save a kitty from that place. While filling out a form, an adorable grey striped kitten wouldn't leave my pen alone. He knocked it out of my hand and chased it under a table. The woman had to get me a new pen, but the kitten wouldn't leave that second pen alone either! I ended up taking that adventurous and playful little kitten home and naming him Milo. And I love him. And this is why:

1. He is an adorable miniature tiger

2. He appreciates my favorite Fossil purse as much as I do 

3. He loves technology - especially twitter


4. He's just your average cat

5. He's also your average dog

6. He's a proud and responsible US citizen

7. He lays like this sometimes

8. He thinks he's a bird - no, he really does
 

9. He does this?

10. He loves a good sale

Morals of the story: 1. Cats are cool so quit hatin! 2. I take way to many pictures of Milo. 3. Milo is very photogenic. 4. I need a new hobby. 5. #catladystatus

Love,
Logan



No comments:

Post a Comment