Friday, February 7, 2014

Can anyone hear me? And other concerns

The last time I wrote on my blog was exactly four months ago. I might be the worst blogger of all time.

Early on in my blogging endeavor my good friend and fellow blogger (much better at it and more consistent than myself) would text me every once in a while saying "hey, have you written lately?" This would urge me to keep my chronicles up-to-date and write write write. I appreciated these sweet reminders and found solace in my writing. At the time, I was job-searching...and we all know that any ounce of comfort and peace is precious during that time.


However, I simply have not had that urge to write as of late. Skiing with my parents last weekend, my mom kept saying "Love you Logan. Love, Logan!" It reminded me that my mom is my number one fan and that this blog does still exist.


The main issue I have with blogging and a big reason I leave it for months at a time is: 

IS ANYONE EVEN READING THIS? 

There are SO MANY blogs out there. Good ones too. Very specific. About books, culture, food, wine, fashion, fashion, fashion. Seriously, there are a lot of fashion blogs. Sometimes I read them and I get confused about what looks good and what doesn't. Like so is this woman saying I should put glue all over my body and then roll around in my childhood craft room so that I look like Nicki Minaj? Or is that not a good look? I firmly believe that "What Not to Wear" is sucking rare interesting people out of the world. Women that wear scrunchies are rare and special. Don't stifle their individuality! Of course they look better in a blazer with natural highlights. EVERYONE looks better in a blazer with natural highlights. Duh.


I digress. Anyway, there are a number of reasons that I drop the mic & step out of the blog game for what many bloggers would consider an unacceptable amount of time. The biggest reason is that I am well aware that 98% of what I say is very far from ground-breaking. But that leads me to wondering if anyone is even reading? And if so, is it changing your day or mood or moment for the better? That's all I really want to do.


Love,

Logan

10 comments:

  1. I'm reading! And I love it! My mom and sister were pretty much my only readers for a good year, if it helps. :) Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! I love your blog & shop. And I miss you!!

      Delete
  2. Looooooooogan, I'm reading and I love your thoughts my dear! And Anyway. .. Who cares if ANYONE is reading. .. what matters is that these thoughts are important to YOU and writing thoughts down. .. Well I've always believed there is peace and comfort in the written word. So write on my friend. .. write on. xo... (As B would say) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen! Thank you for your awesome words! Love you like XO :)

      Delete
  3. I think the most interesting blogs are just like yours! Simple, honest, a reflection of your reality! Keep blogging girl, if not for anyone but yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, thanks a lot for the comment! I hope all is well with you :)

      Delete
  4. I read a lot of blogs too, but ya know what? I really love reading blogs of people who I know. I read Holly's, KatieO's, and Tucky's every time a new post comes out. I love it because I feel closer to you guys and feel like I'm not sooo far away from you.

    Your humor and insight into life is fantastic and I get a lot of joy reading your blog posts. Even if they are months apart! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy! You are awesome. I miss you. We had too much fun at the Lopata wedding. Love you sister.

      Delete
  5. I read :) I like knowing whats going on with you!

    ReplyDelete