Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ugh, Winter

The 30 Rock series finale is this week. Gotta love Liz Lemon.
Is anyone else having trouble fighting off the winter blues? I have to admit I am struggling quite a bit. Many of my friends, and as a result readers, live in the south. To you I say, go outside and go for a run because it's probably around 70 degrees wherever you are and I absolutely wish I could join you. I am extremely jealous, but I will be instagramming pictures of snow-covered trees to make you feel like you are missing out on something fabulous.

The truth is, it is freezing cold almost all the time and completely dark by 6pm. I have every intention of being productive when I get home from work. Instead, I find myself burrito-d in my favorite blanket watching Netflix immediately following dinner (usually 30 Rock-it's so funny). I think about hibernation a lot. Black bears sleep off an entire season- they can go 100 days without eating, drinking, exercising, peeing, etc. Clearly, I have googled this topic extensively and need to give up because modern society will never allow humans to hibernate.

I have lived in Ohio my entire life. I lived in Houston, TX for a couple of months one summer, but Ohio has always been my permanent residence. Ohio is a great place to live just like anywhere is a great place to live if you are a positive person and seek out the fun in life. Rose colored glasses can be worn anywhere. The winter is tough, but I try to tell myself it makes us all stronger. It was 20 degrees this morning and I went on a 3 mile run. That's some tough shit right there. While winter is definitely my least favorite season, I can recognize that it does come along with some good things so allow me to very originally list them in picture/caption form and then I will bid you adieu:
Playing in the snow. I hope to have children someday to make this seasonal desire more socially acceptable in my adulthood.
Hot Chocolate. Duh. Check out this delicious homemade recipe.


A nice warm fire.

Winter sports. Looking forward to skiing at Holiday Valley this weekend.

Winter fashion. Loving this Betsey Johnson coat. And of course, puffer vests :)
I know winter can be long, cold, and dark, but I think if we keep in mind the good things about this season, the summer sunshine will be out before we know it. Do you like winter? Or does it get you down? How are you faring this winter season?

Love,
Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment