Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An Ode to the Puffer Vest

As this is my first post regarding clothing, I want to put a few things out there. I am in no way an expert on fashion. I opt for comfort over style more often than I probably should. The amount of cardigans in my closet could rival that of a 63-year-old librarian. I am constantly trying not to match (I have this weird issue with things being too matchy matchy).

To my credit: Friends, family, and even strangers compliment my outfits often enough to make me feel like I'm doing something right. So...if you want to be comfortable & still get asked 'where did you get that?' from time to time, read on!
The collection of puffer vests I have acquired this winter.
I cannot say enough about my new found love for the puffer vest. I have always been curious about these fellas. Tried them on in the past, but they were either too thin to serve a purpose or thick enough to make people wonder if I had single-handedly put Hostess out of business. I'm happy to say that I have found a thickness that is juusst right. I live in Ohio, it's very cold here. These vests are cute, comfortable, and they serve a wonderful purpose: keeping me warm. Whether I'm running to the gym quick & don't feel like shoving my giant winter coat in a locker, or going to a casual lunch on a winter day, these vests are my current go-to item. If you like what you see, I'm sorry to say I could not find links for any of these particular vests. I got all of them as gifts from different people over the holidays. The red one was bought at Macy's, patterned one is Tommy Hilfiger from Macy's too, and the tanish/grey one is from a black Friday sale at the Gap. I found a similar one from the gap:
Pair this purple vest with this thick long sleeve shirt, this scarf, these skinny jeans, and these boots. Of course, if it's a really cold day, don't forget your mittens and hat! Sometimes on those really cold days, I wear my winter coat over the vest if I know I'll be outside for more than a minute or two.

Me in my red vest along the High Line in NYC this past weekend.
Stay wonderful & warm!

Love,
Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment